April 7, 2017 at 5:16 am #2126
There are numerous characteristics of a good essay: original thinking, a tight structure, balanced arguments, and many more.
But one aspect often overlooked is that a good essay should be interesting. It should spark the curiosity of the reader, keep them absorbed, make them want to keep reading and write my essay for me . A boring essay risks losing the reader’s attention; even if the points you make are excellent, a dull writing style or poor handling of a dry subject matter can undermine the positive aspects of the essay. The problem is that many students think that essays should be like this: they think that a dull, dry style is suited to the purposes of academic writing, and don’t consider that the teacher reading their essay wants to find the essay interesting. Academic writing doesn’t have to be – and shouldn’t be – boring. The good news is that there are plenty of things you can do to make your writing more interesting, even though you can only do so much while remaining within the formal confines of academic writing. Let’s look at what they are.
1. Be interested in what you’re writing about.
2. Include fascinating details.
3. Emulate the style of writers you find interesting.
4. Write in the active voice.
5. Borrow some creative writing techniques.
6. Think about your own opinion.
7. Cut the waffle.
8. Using a thesaurus isn’t always a good thing
9. Avoid repetitive phrasing.
10. Use some figurative language.
11. Avoid clichés.
12. Employ rhetorical questions.
Finally, you could write the most interesting essay a teacher has ever read, but you’ll undermine your good work if it’s littered with errors, which distract the reader from the actual content and will probably annoy them. Before you submit your essay, proofread it thoroughly to ensure that the grammar is elegant, the punctuation is perfect and the spelling is flawless. Don’t just use a spelling and grammar checker, as these don’t always pick up on all the errors.
- This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by josse1990.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.