A proposed new Gapfill question type

About xxM Forums NL-SEM and xxM A proposed new Gapfill question type

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Cloze Syntax

The linguistic structure for making Cloze (inserted answers) address sort in moodle is mind boggling, which may debilitate educators from utilizing it. For instance the specimen address on the page is

{1:SHORTANSWER:=Berlin} is the capital of Germany.

Furthermore, a different hole address utilizing the shorter language structure would read as

The {1:SA:=cat} sat on the {1:SA:=mat}. The {1:SA:=cow} hopped over the {1:SA:=moon}

This makes a question with crevices for the understudy to fill in the right replies of Berlin, feline, tangle, bovine and moon This speaks to at least eight characters including six things of accentuation for every field to make the question. The multifaceted nature of the linguistic structure put me off this question sort despite the fact that I have spent a lot of my life as a software engineer so I ought to be utilized to subjective accentuation language structure.

Code multifaceted nature

Since the current cloze question sort does a great deal more than the straightforward gapfill address, i.e. dropdown records, radio catches and so on the source code is hard to comprehend and alter.

New Gapfill address sort

I propose a less difficult gapfill address sort with that lone uses two things of accentuation as takes after

[Berlin] is the capital of Germany. The [cat] sat on the [mat]. The [cow] bounced over the [moon]

The diminished list of capabilities ought to bring about more straightforward code and make it straightforward and adjust the source code and to include highlights.

Scope

My proposed gapfill address sort is not at all intended to be a swap for the current Cloze question sort. It will just bolster a solitary question component sort and won’t have per thing criticism or check esteem.

Take note of that there are contributed address sorts that address some of these issues, for example, Drag and Drop into content and Select missing words address sorts. However these additionally have a somewhat complex question creation interface with a necessity to make numbers that indicate answers. i.e. The 1 sat on the 2. What’s more, you then include the real replies in different fields of the question creation shape. I locate this level of indirection fairly confounding.

Reasons against

There are a few endeavors at making a GUI for altering the present close question sort, one in Javascript and one as a Java applet. Despite the fact that these work they add another level of code to keep up and I have discovered neither attractive for my own motivations.

A Prototype

I have made a model for this proposed address sort that will keep running in Moodle 2.2 and 2.3 beta code. You can see an hd car wallpapers activity of its utilization at the accompanying connection. I would value any criticism on this thought.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.