install.packages

About xxM Forums NL-SEM and xxM install.packages

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Just want to point out that the instruction for installation on the website says:

“Install the downloaded “xxm.zip” file from within Rstudio or from the command line:

install.package(“C://path-to-download//xxm.zip”)”

but the R function should be “install.packages” with an “s”.

Mark

Paras Mehta
      Keymaster

Thanks Mark,

Made the correction.

Paras

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, Paras.

There is only Windows binary for the package. Could you please prepare the source package so that I can install it in my Linux machine?

Mike

Paras Mehta
        Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Source package is not available for download at this time. I will post a binary package shortly.

Paras

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Dr. Mehta,

Is it possible to use xxM on Mac? If not, are you planning on making xxM available on Macs as well? Thank you.

Jisoo

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Dr. Mehta,

I must commend you and your team for a job well done. However, I feel the need to reiterate Jisoo’s question above. Is it possible to use xxM on Mac? If not, are there plans to make it available for Mac users as well. I believe there are a good number of us who feel somewhat deprived/disadvantaged.

Thank you.

Jeremiah

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Paras

+1 to the xxM for a Mac please!

Greetings
      Mike

Paras Mehta
      Keymaster

Thank you all,

I will put Mac on the list.

Paras

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hallelujah!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

I have a problem with installing packages. When I install it it gives me the warning package ‘xxm’ was built under R version 3.0.2 which I guess is not a problem. But later on I can access any data for example but none of the functions. For example the warring Error: could not find function “xxmModel” comes out. I do find the descriptions though in help. Any suggestions what went wrong?
      Thank you for help in advance and it seem as the package I need so hopefully I will be able to do the multilevel SEM here.

Ana

Anonymous
      Inactive

I believe it is also useful to add the argument “repos=NULL” so that R knows you are installing from a zip or binary, and, instead of using path (which works of course but is cumbersome), do this

install.packages(file.choose(), repos=NULL)

and look for the windows browser that opens up from the file.choose() command as it may be obscured by other ‘things’ on the screen. Then simply use that windows browser to drill down to the xxm.zip file and select it. If you omit the repos=NULL argument, the installation may not complete successfully, I think.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      I´m trying to install xxM package using RStudio. I have 2 versions of R installed: 3.0.0 and 3.2.0 and in both cases the same warning massage appears:
      “package ‘xxM’ is not available (for R version 3.0.0)”
      “package ‘xxM’ is not available (for R version 3.2.0)”
      I would thank you in advance if you can help me.
      Tomás

Anonymous
        Inactive

I´ve already found the way!
        Thank you!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Tomas,
        can you tell me how it worked. Have the same problem.

Best,
        Holger

Anonymous
        Inactive

Please Thomas / Holger / someone, how did you solve this?
        “package ‘xxM’ is not available (for R version 3.2.0)”
        Thanks
        H.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Paras,

The download doesn’t seem to be working?
      Following the download link (xxM: 0.6.0 – 32bit Windows – R 3.0.X (2.5 MB)) on the download page gives:
      Forbidden
      You don’t have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/delightful-downloads/2013/12/xxm.zip on this server.

(while I’m logged in)

Thanks,
      Bart

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Bart,

Did you eventually find a solution? I am in the same boat as I get the same

“You don’t have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/delightful-downloads/2013/12/xxm.zip on this server.”

error message : (

-Tiwi

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Tiwi,

I’m getting that same error as well.

-M

Anonymous
        Inactive

No, still the same issue.

I guess multilevel mediation can be done using other R packages, and for multilevel SEM… I guess we’ll have to pay for MPlus 🙂

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.